“The United States of America is a threat to world peace. Because what [America] is saying is that if you are afraid of a veto in the Security Council, you can go outside and take action and violate the sovereignty of other countries. That is the message they are sending to the world. That must be condemned in the strongest terms.”
- Nelson Mandela
Reach the heart of a Conflict
– Find what is valid or insightful about each perspective.
– Instead of demanding change, ask for understanding.
– Find a way that changes assumptions, that all sides can agree with, that works at the heart level.
The goal of this Visionary Topic is to help a person understand why the US government chose to start a costly war that would claim thousands of American lives, and hundreds of thousands, possibly as many as 1.5 million Iraqi deaths, according to sources. The complex war began with weapons of mass destruction which were never found, and culminated in the US paying Iraqi insurgents to switch sides and fight with the Americans.
Add this automatically to all conflicts:
– Understand the grievances of the opposing side.
– Understand the suffering of the opposing side.
– Understand your own role in aggression.